Process chain – Machining
We offer complete solutions for virtually any Machining challenge. You can also order any of our services individually.
To ensure your components are manufactured quickly, precisely and cost-effectively, we tailor the production processes, including the programming and equipment used, to your specific requirements.
We offer a comprehensive range of turning, milling and rotary milling processes. Our use of multi-axis technology and angle heads is just one example of our innovative skills.
Erosion / flat and cylindrical grinding
We use electrical discharge machining (EDM) wire cutting, die sinking and flat and cylindrical grinding for the further processing of your components, enabling us to create delicate, complex and three-dimensional geometries.
To help us achieve the desired material properties, we apply stress-relief, stabilisation or solution heat treatment to the components. We have a vast array of convection furnaces and a vacuum furnace at our disposal.
We undertake the assembly of components and, if necessary, join individual workpieces by electron beam welding, laser welding or vacuum soldering.
We add functional and visual surface finishes to your components in accordance with your requirements using blasting, polishing and various coating techniques.
We carry out non-destructive surface testing and qualify your finished component optically and tactilely.
Following several precleaning and interim cleaning processes during production, we give your components a final clean before delivery and package them in line with your wishes.
Selected examples of our processing methods and successfully manufactured components provide you with an insight into our skills in the area of Machining.
Machining – A traditional method implemented using state-of-the-art processes
Versatile: Benefit from the expertise of a market leader
COMPREHENSIVE MACHINING CAPACITIES.
- Total solutions for virtually any challenge in Machining.
- Efficient techniques open new fields of application for you.
- Our fully integrated complete machining approach saves you costs and time.
- Thanks to dedicated capacity expansion, a high level of vertical integration, and flat hierarchies.
PROJECT SUPPORT WITH SHORT COMMUNICATION CHANNELS.
- A dedicated contact is assigned to you from the design phase to the finished product.
MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE.
- Extensive market, material and process know-how in CNC milling ensures best results.
Comprehensive service offering – Our expertise in Machining is reflected in the broad range of processes and services that we can offer you as part of our complete machining approach:
Milling, turning, and rotary milling
Wire cutting and die sinking (EDM)
Thermal and surface treatment, vacuum heat treatment and vacuum brazing
Assembly of components
Cleaning and packaging compliant with cleanroom standards
Consistent quality assurance
Non-destructive surface testing using fluorescent penetrants (NDT technology)
Finishing techniques (polishing, sand blasting, …)
Experience in all kinds of materials – We have a thorough knowledge of our customers' markets. And are always focussed on the latest machining techniques for classical metals as well as innovative alloys. We turn and mill:
- Nickel-based alloys, such as Inconel® (e.g. Inconel® 625), Waspaloy®, Hastelloy®
- Titanium and aluminium alloys
- Tool steel and non-corroding heat resistand steel as well as aviation steel
- Mono-crystalline materials
- Tungsten and magnesium
- Copper and brass
- Plastic stock shapes
- Ceramic alloys
- Laminated fabrics, such as epoxy bound glass fibre plastic compounds
Precision in every part – Our mould making offers the entire process chain. All services are exclusively available too:
Inserts, sliders or contour cores:
- Preliminary work of mould inserts and sliders made of every common tool steels but also special material (HSS, hard metal etc.)
- Grinding of inserts and sliders
- Finishing of mould inserts and sliders including wire cutting and die sinking
- Manufacturing of mould bases including material provision according to customers requests up to 800/800mm
- Production according to all common 2D and 3D data
- Automated and air-conditioned production
- Tracking of parts using a CERTA-chip-system
- Electrodes made of graphite, in special cases copper or tungsten copper
- High-quality measuring of electrodes and finished parts
- Processing of steel, titanium, hard metal and Inconel
- Clamping system ITS 50 Erowa or Erowa 148 Powerchuck
- Graphite EDM200, EDM1, EDM3 or other sorts on request
- Processing of all common 3D data
- Statements about the spark gap in the radius
- Alpha Laser ALW 150
- Contract welding of tool steel, stainless steel, Inconel® , titanium, copper alloys (e.g. Ampco), aluminium
- Joint welding on request
Gain a direct insight into what we can do for you.
360° manifold flange
360° hydraulic block
Examples of our work – clearly organised for your reading pleasure
Full speed ahead
The concept "Hyperloop" envisions a high-speed train gliding through a vacuum tube and transporting people to their destination in pods travelling at roughly the speed of sound. Since 2015 an international competition has been held in which teams of students design their own pods to race against each other. toolcraft has already supported the project several times by supplying the team of the TU Munich with parts used to construct the pods.
Quality takes off
The design was fully evaluated, optimised and qualified, using advanced metrology as a fundamental cornerstone of an efficient total solution from the initial concept to the finished part.
Kinetic Rain wurde von der MKT AG im Juli 2012 als weltgrößte bewegliche Skulptur in der Abflughalle des Terminal 1 am Changi Airport Singapur installiert. Aus Hunderten motorisch bewegter Tropfen, die aufgehängt an dünnen Stahlseilen in einer 15-minütigen Choreografie unterschiedliche Formen abbilden. Kreiert wurde die Installation von Künstlern und Programmierern der Berliner Art+Com AG. Toolcraft erhielt den Auftrag zur Entwicklung und Fertigung der Tropfen, einschließlich Material- und Verfahrenswahl.
Lotus valve covers - reverse engineered
On behalf of Komo-Tec GmbH, toolcraft took over the reverse engineering of valve covers which are installed in Lotus engines. Thanks to GOM-Optometry, the required 3D files could be "reconstructed" from an existing hardware component.
Complex camera components made of titanium
Under high time pressure toolcraft produced high-precision exterior and interior components for a special model of the Leica M9 digital camera. In spite of the titanium material and sometimes extremely complex component geometries, the delivery date was never compromised.
Structural lightweight components for aircraft structures
On behalf of Premium Aerotec GmbH we deliver struts, connection and node elements for the fuselage of Airbus A350 and A400M. With a high vertical manufacturing depth, the components are manufactured at extreme machining rates of up to 90 percent with zero distortion.
Groove ring made from nitrided steel - the heat treatment challenge
For the turbocharger of a diesel-powered train from ABB Turbo Systems, we realized a groove ring made from nitrided steel that is difficult to machine. The chemical and physical material changes during heat treatment required extensive testing.
Uncover your potential for innovation.
Your Pace makers for machining
From process development to stable series production. Find out more about Cross-Dimensional Manufacturing, our unique consulting and manufacturing standard.
Challenge us to help you with your projects today!
Phone +49 9172 6956-0
Business Unit Manager Machining